WoW Mining Guide
For the first part of our WoW Mining Guide see World of Warcraft Mining Once you have found a mineral vein, all you have to do is right-click on it to mine it. If you are successful, then you will be able to loot the minerals, stone, and gems found within in it.
Keep in mind that when you find a mineral and mouse over it, you will see its name in a color. Gray nodes will not increase your skill, though you will still be able to harvest the loot. Green veins will give you a poor chance of increasing your skill. Yellow veins give you a good chance of increasing your skill.
Orange veins give you the best chance of increasing your skill. Red veins are too high a level for you to mine, so you’ll have to come back to them later.
Once you have reached a maximum World of Warcraft mining skill you will be able to mine everything, though you will no longer gain experience for the process.
WoW Mining Guide – Smelting Your Ores
Depending on your goals for the ore, you may need to smelt it into bars, particularly if you are going to be making it into armor or weapons. Jewelcrafters use the raw ore. If you are mining for money, check your Auction House to see whether ore or bars sell better.
To smelt your ore, you will need to find a forge, which should be near the mining trainer. You must be near a forge to smelt. Simply click on the smelting icon and select the recipe that you would like to make.
WoW Mining Guide – General
When mining, there are a few other things that you should be aware of.
- You will likely find yourself in competition for nodes, particularly if it is a rare spawn ore like silver or titanium or a higher level ore. You have two basic options – try to mine it for yourself or allow the other player to take it.
Keep in mind that in PVP realms, if you are in competition with a member of the opposing faction you are putting yourself at risk “stealing” a mine. In PVE realms it is often perceived as rude.
- Monsters will attack players mining, even if you got there without them noticing you. If a player is fighting near a node, it should be assumed that they were attempting to mine it.
- Certain ores may be used only for questing, while others are only available in instances. Their resale value may be lower than ores and bars used in professions.
- Dark Iron can only be smelted inside the Blackrock Mountain instance.
- You can increase your World of Warcraft mining abilities by having an enchanter enchant your gloves with mining skills.
- Nodes often respawn in the same general area they were found the first time. If you are mining an ore for skill or money, check back in the vicinity of where you found nodes before. The Gatherer mod can help you keep track of places where nodes were found. A WoW mining guide can be useful to speed up your progress.