World of Warcraft Professions
World of Warcraft Professions .
For page one check out WoW Profession guide which covers primary and secondary professions, and the three main categories of World of Warcraft professions, including gathering, production, and service professions.
World of Warcraft professions guide
Using your mini-map
For some World of Warcraft professions, your mini-map can help you level up your skill.
Your mini-map will show the location of herbs, mines, and schools of fish if you have the proper training.
Keep in mind that you can only track one thing at a time.
Using World of Warcraft Professions together
While there is no hard and fast rule that you must do certain professions together, a good World of Warcraft professions guide will tell you that certain professions definitely complement each other. For example, many gathering skills give you the materials that you will need in the recipes of your production skills. Whilst you do not have to farm for materials yourself, this can save you money over buying materials in the Auction House.
Here is a quick look at World of Warcraft professions you should consider together:
- Alchemy pairs well with herbalism, since that gives you herbs you’ll need for many of your potions. Fishing is also useful since you will need fish for some of the oils. At higher levels, mining can be useful if you plan on doing a lot of transmutes.
- Blacksmithing pairs well with mining, since that will find you most of the materials that you need. Ores you don’t use also tend to sell well.
- Engineering also pairs well with mining, since you will use a lot of ore, stone, and gems in your recipe. Ores and other materials you don’t need usually sell well.
- Leather working pairs up well with skinning, since that will provide you with most of the raw materials you need. Skinning will let you skin the beasts you kill, as well as looted mobs killed by other players.
- Tailoring, since cloth can be gathered off of most humanoids, tailoring does not necessarily need a gathering skill. You can choose a gathering skill simply for the purpose of making money. Many tailors will also choose to pair their skill up with enchanting, since enchanting does not have a primary gathering skill either.
- Jewel crafting, this is another profession that benefits from mining. Ore is needed for prospecting gems, and mining it yourself is the cheapest way to get it. You may also find gems in some nodes as well.
- Enchanting, since enchanting gathers its own materials through disenchanting, it doesn’t require a gathering profession. Because of this, it is often paired with tailoring, since tailoring also does not need a gathering profession. Alternatively, you can take up a gathering profession as a way to earn money.
- Inscription works best with herbalism, since herbalism allows you to gather the herbs that you need to make inks.
- Cooking, though a secondary profession, cooking pairs well with the other secondary profession of fishing. Fishing provides many raw materials for cooking recipes, and some of the best food buffs come from recipes that utilize fish.